We have sadly lost a long time Lotus owner

Post your Lotus and related chat in here folks.
mikeydude
Site Admin

We have sadly lost a long time Lotus owner

Post by mikeydude » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:23 pm

I am sorry have to tell all the friends of Dale Dac that he died this weekend. In hospital at Manchester Royal, it happened very quickly though he had been poorly for awhile. He finally found that he had Prostate Cancer. His family are all devastated. He was such a lovely, genuine and kind person. Many will have known Dale for his enthusiasm for Marshalling plus his ever present camper van at Oulton park. He had a lovely M100 that he cherished.
Love my Elan...Learning to live with my 111R!

nelly111s
Site Admin

Re: We have sadly lost a long time Lotus owner

Post by nelly111s » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm

That's really sad, Mikey. Thanks for letting us know.
Silver 111S - gone
Ardent Red 111R - gone
Chrome Orange S - yippee

mill

Post by mill » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:12 am

RIP
Black Exige S
Mineral white E92 M3 competition pack

richardmancunian

Post by richardmancunian » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 am

Hi Guys I am one of the original members from Norlog which was set up nearly 20 years ago.

A few words on Dale
- he was also one of the original Norlog Members and also a member of Club Lotus
- he had elans, esprits and elises plus other marques over the years.
- his most recent being a lovely yellow 90s Elan which you would always see at Tatton car shows where he helped run the events
- he was also a regular at Oulton Park And Anglesey in his camper van
- he was one of the most genuine, sincerest and funniest people I have ever know.
- he is with us now in spirit and not gone.
- RIP

Enjoy your cars guys but keep it safe.

Richard
Esprits

Boothy

Post by Boothy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 am

richardmancunian wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 am
Hi Guys I am one of the original members from Norlog which was set up nearly 20 years ago.

A few words on Dale
- he was also one of the original Norlog Members and also a member of Club Lotus
- he had elans, esprits and elises plus other marques over the years.
- his most recent being a lovely yellow 90s Elan which you would always see at Tatton car shows where he helped run the events
- he was also a regular at Oulton Park And Anglesey in his camper van
- he was one of the most genuine, sincerest and funniest people I have ever know.
- he is with us now in spirit and not gone.
- RIP

Enjoy your cars guys but keep it safe.

Richard
Esprits

Hello Richard,

Nice to see you are still about :)

I was out with Sooty and Gavin G a few weeks back and asked Simon if he knew where you were up to.
Do you still have an esprit?

I’m still lost at hearing about Dale, he was a really lovely guy. The sport 160 he had was lovely :Ok2:
I’ll never forget going to an open evening at the bathroom showroom his family used to own, they did some lovely stuff. It only feels like five minutes ago.

Boothy

richardmancunian

Post by richardmancunian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi Boothy,

good to hear from you. Blimey how are you , Gav and Sooty?

Happy days with Lotus always in my heart more than any other marque...I had 4 Esprits over the years and lots of fun and adventures with them.

Ive had a 360 for about 8 years now...nice car but its funny the only websites I look at are about Lotus and not Ferrari!

So how goes it with you? Didn't you get a Porker and settle down?

Very sad and sudden about Dale 5 weeks from diagnosis until passing away. The world has obviously become a much different place lately since Dale passed.

Not on here often but be great to see you post a reply of you can.

Take care and keep safe everybody.

21GG

Post by 21GG » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Hello Mate! Still here, on my 9th lotus now, an Evora GTE. Im a dad with a 9yo, so ideal family car 😁. Still having to work for a living. Still remember you shooting past the motorway junction in spain? at silly speed while we were shouting down the radio trying to tell you to turn off 🤣
Owning the cars I do means I cant afford the professional help I need, so never believe I know what I'm talking about, have a clue about anything or mean any of it!

Boothy

Post by Boothy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:45 pm

Hello Richard,

Sorry for the slow reply, yes it’s twenty years since we got this thing off the ground which is pretty scary.
I have some brilliant memories of the runs we did, we were literally out every weekend, I managed to put 16k on my S1 in twelve months driving evenings and weekends lol.
Sadly I don’t really check the forum much these days, I had a brief pork sabbatical but other than that I have never been without a lotus.
I miss the old days, it felt like me and Sooty were never off the phone working out the next meet, we had a really good group. I’m not sure how many are still about lurking from those times.
I still speak to Gav and Albert often, married Sooty’s Ex Angela’s daughter...
The Wednesday night meet still happens but at the Houghton arms of the M65, be good to see you in the Ferrari mate if your about.

RobO

Post by RobO » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:36 pm

I'm still here guys although like most don't check on the forum very often now ive moved back to the midlands. still have my original 1999 S1 S135 and the Exige S2 RGB, the Exige is 10 this year and the Elise is almost 22 and Ive owned it for 20 of those years.

I was very sad to hear of Dales passing via the FB group, as Richard said he was a lovely guy. I hope the original members are still keeping well.

All the best
Rob

Boothy

Post by Boothy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:14 pm

Nice to see your still about Rob. Is it really twenty years since you got the elise? I still remember you getting it and bringing it up to the three pigeons which was a pretty regular haunt for us on a Wednesday evening.
I was always quite a big fan of the red excel With its big comfy seats 😀
Who would of though that in twenty years I’d be the one driving a four seat lotus.